Ultimo Adore Moi is the latest collection launched by Michelle Mone OBE, and her company have also released the findings of a survey they did on women’s lingerie habits. It seems us ladies love a matching set, but we knew that already, didn’t we, Bombshells?!
A whopping 85% of women surveyed love to coordinate their lingerie. French ladies, according to the Ultimo boss have always matched their undies, and it seems we Brits are finally catching up.
Michelle said: “Wearing matching lingerie is a fantastic way to start the day, boosting your confidence and making you feel super sexy. I never leave the house unless I’m completely coordinated. French women wouldn’t seen dead in mismatched lingerie, so it’s great to see women in the UK catching up!”
MichelleMone reckons Ultimo Adore Moi is, as the name suggests, unmistakeably French. “The new Adore Moi collection perfectly captures everything that French lingerie stands for – the best fabrics, exquisite attention to detail and a complete understanding of the female form – with a little bit of the je ne sais quoi factor too!,” she says.
So how do we go about getting our underwear-wearing right? Well, over to Michelle who shares a few key tips with us. (another of which is obvious – buy more underwear, preferably Ultimo!)
“Mastering the art of matching your lingerie every day can be a challenge, but if you follow these three easy steps it should prove a whole lot easier,” says Michelle.
1. STOCK UP: The general rule is that you should get 2-3 wears out of your bra before washing. This means that you need a minimum of 3 matching briefs to see you through, so make sure you always stock up and buy your underwear with a 3-1 brief/bra ratio.
2. BE WISE WHEN WASHING: when it comes to lingerie, there’s nothing more annoying than opening your underwear drawer to find a selection of mismatched bras and briefs. It’s my pet hate. So, always wash your sets together and hand wash them rather than machine wash. Not only will this ensure they are treated with extra care and attention, but it will prevent any straying thongs.
3. COLOUR CO-ORDINATE: A very simple and effective approach to lingerie is to colour coordinate, allowing you to interchange your briefs and bras. My advice is to pick two or three colours that you wear most, and stick with those – for example, black, white and leopard print. Of course, with patterns and print you might not always get the perfect match, but if it’s close enough it counts!
So, there you have it, and your first stop should obviously be at the new Ultimo Adore Moi collection, which launches into Debenhams stores tomorrow (November 19).
A total of 1200 women were surveyed by Ultimo in September this year, and a few additional findings were revealed:
* Only 24% of women (288) said they’d been measured in the past 6 months
* A massive 66% of women (792) said that the fit is the most important factor when purchasing a bra
*The majority of women – 60% (720) – will on average spend between £20 and £30 on purchasing a bra, with only 4% (48) willing to spend in excess of £50.
What do you think? Do you always match your undies?
The new Ultimo Adore Moi Collection has various designs in briefs, bras, thongs and suspenders. Prices are £12.50, £25, 10.50 and £15.50 respectively. Available at Debenhams and debenhams.com